Iceland’s biggest city, Reykjavik bears the distinction of being the world’s northernmost capital, and for virtually every Icelandic visitor it serves as a gateway, just to the city itself or to the rugged adventure options beyond.
Reykjavik is filled with things to do that range from the usual suspects (museums like the National Museum of Iceland and The Settlement Exhibition) to more uncommon attractions like geothermal spas at the nearby Blue Lagoon. Here are the 5 most affordable accommodations in Reykjavik, Iceland:
- B14 Hostel – The modern hostel is 2.8 km from Laugavegur, Reykjavik’s main street and offers free WiFi, parking and a well-equipped communal kitchen. Laugardalur Swimming Pool is 2.3 km away. B14 Hostel’s basic rooms offer budget accommodation with access to shared bathroom facilities. Guests also have access to both a lounge and dining area.A health food restaurant, café and ice cream parlour are found in the same building as B14 Hostel. The area’s shops, restaurants and bars are easily accessed on foot. Price is from 45€ per night.
- Sport Hostel Reykjavík – Located by the Blue Lagoon Spa, this hostel offers free parking and brightly decorated rooms with free WiFi access. Reykjavik city centre is a 7-minute drive away. Leisure options include a sun terrace and a TV lounge. A mini-market is located on site. Harpa Concert Hall & Conference Centre is a 10-minute drive from the hostel. Keflavik Airport is 50 km away. Price is from 41.40€ per night.
- Guesthouse Pavi – It is located in Reykjavik, only 50 m from Laugavegur street. It offers free parking and flexible accommodation for different needs and budgets. All rooms have free Wi-Fi access. At Pavi Guesthouse guests can choose between rooms with private or shared bathroom and kitchen facilities. All room types are furnished in a minimalist Scandinavian style. Hallgrimskirkja Church is a 5-minute walk away. Laugardalslaug Geothermal Pool is about 1.7 km from the guest house. Price is from 84€ per night.
- Galaxy Pod Hostel – It is located in Reykjavík, 1.1 km from Hallgrímskirkja Church and 1.1 km from Solfar Sun Voyager. All rooms include a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms feature views of the sea or mountains. All rooms have a shared bathroom. You will find a shared kitchen and shops at the property. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. Price is from 62.73 per night.
- Guesthouse SummerDay – This Reykjavík guest house is less than 6 km from the city centre and 3.5 km from Reykjavík Airport. It provides bright, modern rooms, as well as free WiFi and a fully equipped, communal kitchen. Heated floors, a desk and clothing rack are found in all Guesthouse Summer Day rooms. The shared bathroom facilities have free toiletries. Guests can enjoy a shared dining room and terrace with BBQ facilities. Free parking is available at Summer Day Guesthouse. Price is from 99€ per night.
Read also: The Top 10 Things to Do -Reykjavik, Icelands