Sicily is the largest of the Italian islands, separated from the Continent by the Strait of Messina and surrounded by the Ionian, the Tyrrhenian and the Mediterranean Seas. With its wonderful climate, Sicily is eminently visitable all the year round and each season has its own distinctive charm. There is always something to do, whether it be lounging on golden beaches, hiking in the mountains, visiting ancient archaeological sites, skiing on Mount Etna or shopping in Palermo’s fashionable boutiques.
Here is a list of the 6 most affordable accommodations in Sicily, Italy:
- Le Scale Sul Barocco – It is located in Ragusa, at walking distance from the centre and 800 m from Ibla. The nearest airport is Comiso Airport, 14 km from Le Scale Sul Barocco – Price for a double room is 49€ per night.
- B&B Tre Metri Sopra il Cielo – It is located in Caltagirone next to the Scalinata stairway, an iconic landmark of the town. The property offers free Wi-Fi, and air-conditioned rooms with minibar, satellite TV, and panoramic views.Breakfast at the Tre Metri Sopra il Cielo is served on the terrace, with views towards Sicily’s South-West coast. Refreshing granita, a crushed-ice drink, is also available – Price for a double room is 50€ per night.
- B&B Villa Casablanca – In the heart of the Lake Pergusa Valley, B&B Villa Casablanca features a sun terrace, olive grove and playground. It offers air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi and a flat-screen TV. Bikes are provided for free.Boasting a garden-view balcony or terrace, all rooms at the Casablanca come with a private entrance, classic décor and tiled floor. A seating area and private bathroom with shower is included in each. A rich buffet breakfast is served every morning in the dining room, and guests enjoy discounted rates at nearby restaurants and pubs. A gazebo hosts tables and chairs in the garden surrounding the property – Price for a double room is 49.50€ per night with included breakfast.
- Hotel Regina – It is set right in the historical centre of Palermo, between the Cathedral and the Quattro Canti. When booking a breakfast included option, the Italian breakfast is served in the covered courtyard. The Regina Hotel overlooks the Cassaro, one of the oldest streets in the city, where the procession of Saint Rosalia passes every year – Price for a double room is 39€ per night.
- Hotel Conte Ruggero – The Hotel is a restored building with free Wi-Fi and free parking, in Piazza Armerina, Sicily. It offers air-conditioned rooms.The Conte Ruggero Hotel’s rooms have a TV and minibar, all have private bathrooms equipped with hairdryer. Staff can advise on restaurants in the local area – Price for a double room is 49€ per night with included breakfast.
- Hotel Art Ballaro – It offers pet-friendly accommodations in Palermo, just 0.6 km from Palermo Cathedral. The hotel also provides bike rental and car rental. Palazzo dei Normanni is 1 km from Hotel Art Ballaro, and Via Maqueda is 300 m away. Falcone-Borsellino Airport is 24.1 km from the property. Albergaria is a great choice for travelers interested in churches, architecture and old-town exploration – Price for a double room is 48€ per night, plus included breakfast.