Traveling changes who you are to your very core. Out there on the road, without any baggage, you encounter life in a way that’s not possible when you are working all the time behind the desk . Here are seven ways travel will better your life and why you should start packing for your next trip:
- Makes you adaptive – If you are traveler then you dealt with missed flights, slow buses, wrong turns, delays, bad street food, and much more. After a while, you learn how to adapt your plans to changing situations.
- Make you adventurous – You push yourself to new limits and out of your comfort zone, and most of all, you break that routine your brain so intelligently teaches itself to blur out in your memory. Travelling is full of so many postcard moments because they are all unique; they are yours and no one else’s.
- Makes you smarter – When you travel, you learn and begin to gain an understanding of so many more global topics than you would if you simply read them in a newspaper or Facebook feed.
You also meet many more people. Your network of friends and acquaintances swells in numbers, and so the amount of people you can bounce ideas off of, and have meaningful conversations with increases too. The more you travel, the more sides to the story you hear.
- Makes you sexier – Everyone loves a little mystery, and that’s exactly how you’ll seem when you’re traveling. While you’re off doing your own thing, people will be wondering what you’re up to, and what types of different, interesting things you’re experiencing while exploring the unknown. Your availability will also significantly decline, adding to the mysteriousness, and soon you’ll be in high demand for figuring out.
- Makes you happier Travel is good for lots of things, but it can also increase mental well-being – and not just in the short-term. Whether you’re traveling for business, on a one-week family holiday, or have sold everything to pursue a life on the road, traveling can make you a happier person by building self-confidence, providing new experiences and memories, breaking routine and allowing you to meet people from all over the world.
You learn to live in the moment – Traveling is a feast for your eyes and it makes you stop and live in that second, minute and moment. It’s hard to be thinking about your latest text message when you’re half way across the world visiting places you’ve never been to before and seeing spots you’ve only read about. Traveling teaches us to unplug, explore and discover new parts of ourselves.
Travel makes you grateful – When you travel somewhere else, no matter where it is, there will be certain conveniences, foods, and people who won’t be there. Whether it’s something big or small, you can bet that the next time you return home, you’ll be more appreciative of it.