Norway is a high cost country since the government loves to set high taxes on everything. Hotel prices in Bergen in summer are higher than most other places in Norway as it is such a popular tourist destination and a convenient starting point for visiting the western fjords. However, we found 5 accommodation which are affordable but at the same time offer a pleasant stay.
Here they are:
- Quality Hotel Edvard Grieg – It’s only 5 minutes drive from the airport and a free shuttle service is available on weekday mornings Quality Hotel Edvard Grieg offers a restaurant, bar and fitness room. Brasserie X uses fresh, seasonal ingredients in its à la carte dinner dishes. There is also a 24-hour kiosk where snacks can be purchased. There is also free Wi – Fi connection and private parking. The price for a night with included breakfast is 105 €. Book now.
- Fjordslottet Hotel – Located by Osterfjorden in the village of Fotlandsvåg, this property is 1 hours’ drive from Bergen. Fjordslottet Hotel offers free Wi-Fi, free parking and rooms with private balconies. All rooms at Hotel Fjordslottet have views of either the fjord or the Osterøy Mountains from the balcony. Guests can enjoy a barbeque area in the spacious garden, along with drinks in the hotel’s bar. Another relaxation option is the outdoor hot tub. The hotel can arrange guided hiking tours in the area. Price for a night is 74 € with included breakfast. Book now.
- Bergen Hostel Montana – It is located 5 km from central Bergen. Mount Ulriken, the tallest mountain in Bergen, is only 100 m from the hostel. Flesland Airport is 16 km away, while a grocery store is within 2 minutes’ walk of the hostel. It offers 2 fully equipped guest kitchens, a games room, along with free private parking and free gym access. Prices per night start from 31€ with included breakfast. Book now.
- Nygårds Historic Residence – It is located 700 metres from Bergen University and 1.4 km from Hurtigruten Terminal Bergen. It features free WiFi and private parking. Price for night is 32€. Book now.
- Bergen Budget Hotel – This self-service budget hotel is 3 minutes’ walk from Bergen’s famous Fish Market and the 14th-century Bryggen district. The hotel is surrounded by plenty of restaurants, bars and shops. Buses and trains depart from Bergen Station, which is 500 m from Bergen Budget Hotel. Price for a night is 72€. Book now.